[SPARCbook] S3 Solaris 2.6 external display setup

Bob Bramwell bob at copenhagen.cuug.ab.ca
Tue Jan 28 02:14:43 CST 2003

Has anyone got a good recipe for setting up an external display at greater than
640x480 resolution?  I am running Solaris 2.6 onto which I have loaded (kinda)
the Tadpole NCE packages, but not all of them run properly.  The S3 User Guide
says there is an fbconfig command but I can't find it.  I'd like to be able to
drive a Sony Multiscan 400PS at 1024x768.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Bob Bramwell     60 Baker Cr. NW | Microsoft does best when behind;
ProntoLogical    Calgary, AB     | once they catch up they don't break ahead
+1 403/861-8827  T2L 1R4, Canada | - quote from a Microsoft MVP