[SPARCbook] sparcbook adaptor

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Jan 28 09:31:08 CST 2003

Hello,

I got hold of a sparcbook a while ago! A powerlite 110 MHz to be precise...
Now I have been to quit a bit of computer shops to find a suiteable power
adaptor, and come to a few conclusions.

1. Nobody knows about RDI (weird?)
2. power adaptors for laptops are pretty expensive (100 eur.).
3. You have to order them, mostly, so it's a bit a problem to order type X
if you can't tell the firm "it's for a compaq this-that-so-many" or
something. Some computerstore-man told me he isn't even sure of the
polarity, there is a chance you just blow the thing up if you try an
adaptor with the wrong polarity!
4. You can get a cheap big ugly box which costs a third of that and makes
you look like a total weirdo if you take it in public.

To make a long question short: is there someone here who has a F.U.B.A.R.
Sparcbook or similar with a compatible adaptor, and who is willing to sell
his "little black box" to me for a moderate price? The thing needs 12V, 4A
(the box says 4.5 but 4 will probably do, you can put 2 hd's in it and the
chance I ever find a second one worth putting in is small.)

--
Frank Van Damme
http://www.openstandaarden.be