[SPARCbook] LCD upgrade for a SB 3XP

Borgen_Gary gary.borgen at verizon.net
Sat Dec 20 00:41:12 CST 2003

John,

One of the things that sold me on the 170 was that it uses a
standard CG6 graphics card (on the mainboard itself).  The
P9000 was on the SB3 and P9100 was on the SB3XP and
SB3GX.

I have heard that the Turbo Microsparc II in the 170
gives some Linux installs fits.  I haven't heard anything about
using it on any Solaris above 2.6.

Thanks for the reply,
Gary

PS: Should we be posting this on the SB archive?