[SPARCbook] 1st list posting - greetings from long-time SPARCbook 3GX user + RAM inquiry

scott.archer at vaisala.com scott.archer at vaisala.com
Thu Oct 10 12:08:32 CDT 2002

hi folks -

Greetings from Tucson, Arizona: I'm an engineer for a
Sun-based shop that produces lightning detection sensors
and central analyzers for the weather and aviation sectors.
Our corporate HQ is in Helsinki, Finland.
I've been using my faithful 3GX as a mobile Sun server at
conferences for several years and it finally needs some
servicing.

May I post 2 rookie inquiries on RAM upgrades?
[I've searched the list archives, FAQ and tech docs thru 20 July
2002 first on RAM so I hopefully won't waste your time]

1. Has anyone had any good or bad experience with the
listed RAM kit from a US vendor called Centon Electronics
in Irvine, CA [centon.com]
 CTP64M/P1300  [OEM ID SX-S3-64MU/G5]   $85.00 ea.
2. I'd prefer to upgrade to the OEM 128Mb RAM [64Mb SIMMs x 2]:
Is this RAM kit currently available from a list user ?
BR,
Scott Archer
procurement engineer
Vaisala-TUX