[SPARCbook] RE: possible UltraBook AC adapter replacement [Super-User]

scott.archer at vaisala.com scott.archer at vaisala.com
Wed Nov 27 12:31:55 CST 2002

[Peter]
Hello all!

I'm in need of an ac-adapter for the Ultrabook I 200 MHz.
It can be ordered from Tadpole but the price is trough the roof as usual
with them. Do anyone know if there is any special quirks to this battery
charger /AC - adapter. Would it be possible to replace it with something
less expensive.

The connector is rather unusual but the pinout is in the manual so it
should be possible to connect some other power supply if I can find one of
these unusual connectors. (its small and circular with 5 pins in it, it
appears to be different from the Ultrabook II which uses a more standard
plug)

Thanks
Peter

[Scott]
Hi Peter -

1. The 5-pin DC output connector is similar to a standard mini DIN-5 but the
2 aren't interchangable. The RDI 170/200 Ultrabook I hardware ref guide is
at:
"http://hw.tadpole.com/pdf/support/legacy/supported/manuals/ultrabook/refere
nce.pdf".
I'd suggest sending the AC adapter specs on page A5 and a copy of the DC
connector
pin-out on page B10 to Technical Devices of N. America [TDNA] at:
"http://www.tdna.com/Adt_CUSTOM.HTM" for a quote. It'll be more than Radio
Shack
but hopefully less than Tadpole.

Scott Archer