[SPARCbook] Re: No luck on X configuration

Ian Spray iws at tadpole.co.uk
Mon Nov 18 15:18:08 CST 2002

On Monday, Nov 18, 2002, at 20:38 Europe/London, David Cantrell wrote:
> /proc/openprom/iommu at 0,10000000/sbus at 0,10001000/p9100 at 0,8000000
>
> The numbers in there will almost certainly vary on other models, and
> maybe
> between revisions of the same model, but it should be a good starting
> point
> for you to start digging.

The numbers should be obvious from poking around in OpenBoot - try cd /
then ls to see the top of the tree.  cd into other nodes and use ls and
.properties (or is it .attributes ?  Can't recall right now which one is
OBP 2 and which is OBP 3+) to see lots of numbers, some of which will
correlate to those above.

The S3XP, GS, GX and TX all have P9100 graphics chips - the S3 has a
P9000,
so it'd be a good idea to check what drivers are supported under Linux.
  The
last time I looked (a *long* time ago), only the P9100 was working.

--
Ian Spray          :  Software Engineer     :  Tadpole Technology
iws at tadpole.co.uk  :  +44 (0) 1223 428 224  :  http://www.tadpole.com/