[SPARCbook] No luck on X configuration

troehr at nj-onramp.com troehr at nj-onramp.com
Mon Nov 18 08:48:39 CST 2002

Michael,

The problems will probably relate to the fact that your SB3 uses a different
color palette then the 3GX (256 of 512, vs 256 of 262,144) and that the address
of the video controller may be different. There appears to be no online tech
manual available for the SB3, only the 3GX. The address can be gleened from
some interagation of the OBP, and from the dmesg output. Could you forward the
output from dmesg after a reboot to me?

Later,

Tom