[SPARCbook] My Sparcbook3 adventure (Debian X config?) (long)

troehr at nj-onramp.com troehr at nj-onramp.com
Sun Nov 17 13:34:54 CST 2002

Michael,

You can pick up Sun bootable cdroms for $4 at www.pcsurplusonline.com (Plextor
2X SCSI, or a Plextor 20X for $8.99 at the same site.)

As for the 2.3.5 kernel vs the others, I was current up to the 2.3.99Pre
something kernels, and then was not able to devote any more time to staying
current. The 2.3.5 was very stable, and was the base I would use most of the
time. It works very well being dropped in on a 2.2 system. I should shortly
have a house to live in where I can get reasonable high speed access to the
net, and will build and make available the most current kernels. If you want to
build one on your own, I would be happy to answer any questions.

Tom Roehr
troehr at nj-onramp.com