[SPARCbook] Re: SparkBook Woes

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Fri Nov 8 15:18:32 CST 2002

Chris Powell wrote:

> I didn't think stock Sun Solaris 7 contained Tadpole drivers for video
> and PCMCIA slots (perhaps other things too). Solaris 2.6 definitely
> does not - an installation from the Sun Solaris 2.6 CD subsequently
> requires the Tadpole drivers. Without the drivers, video is restricted
> to console only (no X).

I've installed vanilla Solaris 2.6 on my sparcbook a couple of times
now. If you use the latest version of 2.6 ( is it 8/98?) it has tadpole
drivers on the Sun disk, and the video works just fine. Of course it's
still a good idea to install the tadpole patches, as that gives you the
proper power management, but the video works out of the box with 2.6
from Sun.

--
-Mike