[SPARCbook] SparkBook Woes

Patrick McAleavey patmcaleavey at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 7 08:57:55 CST 2002

Hi Thomas,

Just some follow up...we were using our 3GXs to teach the Unix version of
our software. We had five (5) units that were pretty much steady on the
road. I had to use the Sun Solaris 7 CDs because my predecessor had hidden
the Tadpole disks away and nobody knew where...I found them after about six
months. So for that time period the units ran on the straight Sun software.
Our road classes usually run a week at a time so the laptops would be on 24
hours a day for that time period. Never ran into any overheating
problems...although I have heard rumors about that issue. Actually my
biggest problem was getting the instructors to shut down the machines
properly (and students changing the root password...arrrghh).

Hope this helps.

Pat