[SPARCbook] SparkBook Woes

Mike Parson mparson at bl.org
Wed Nov 6 10:02:33 CST 2002

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 03:47:28PM -0000, John Appleby wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> OK, so maybe I was an idiot for installing the Solaris 2.5.1 updates on
> my SB3GX. Now I get:
>
> /platform/Tadpole_S3GX/kernel/drv/sd: undefined symbol
> ddi_select_sr_device
> /platform/Tadpole_S3GX/kernel/drv/sd: undefined symbol ddi_register_sr
> /platform/Tadpole_S3GX/kernel/drv/sd: undefined symbol
> ddi_register_sr_dump
> sd error doing common
> Cannot load drivers for
> /iommu at 0,10000000/sbus at 0,0,10001000/espdma at 4,84000000/esp at 4,88000000/sd@
> 3,0:a
> Can't load the root filesystem
>
> Is there any way out of this other than a reinstall? The driver it can't
> load looks sneakily like the SCSI/disk driver.

Ugh.

I don't know the answer to that part, but;

> If I have to reinstall, can I just pull a SCSI CDROM out of a server,
> put it in an external powered case and hook it directly up to the SB?

I have done this, using a Sun branded Toshiba (i think) 4x SCSI
drive, I've been able to install 2.6 a couple of different times.

> Ugh, and I don't even have a Solaris CD to reinstall with. We live and
> learn...

That sucks, but I'm sure someone, somewhere might be able to provide
you with some assistance in that area.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org