[SPARCbook] Re: Start-from-scratch full procedure for PCMCIA ethernet card?

Chris Powell Chris.Powell at zarlink.com
Thu Jul 18 03:09:29 CDT 2002

SPARC Solaris will only recognise certain PCMCIA Ethernet cards - check
out the pcelx manual page. I've had success with a 3com 3c589B card,
but failed with another 3com card (I think that was a 3c589 - without
the B suffix). Check /var/adm/messages for the kernel recognising the
card correctly, then start toying with plumbing the interface.

ChrisP.