[SPARCbook] how to load SPARKBOOK 3xp - boot prom codes?

sparcbook at sunhelp.org sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 27 12:25:40 CST 2002

Hello,  I am the proud owner of a sparcbook 3xp, received without a hard
drive.  Since I also have a Tadpole P1000, with 5 extra hard drives (all
small), I now want to load NetBSD or Solaris 2.5.1. on the 3xp.  (netBSD is
already running on P1000, but haven't gotten x running yet.)
  I have tried boot cdrom, boot sd(0,6,0), and boot sd(0,6,1) but it just
tests the memory and stops at the black box.  I know the CDROM is recognized,
since probe-scsi shows it at id 6.  I've used the same CDROM and commands on
sparc 1 and 2s and it works fine.
  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
William Harrington