[SPARCbook] Installing a PCMCIA modem in an UltrabookIIi

Chuck_Furman sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 19 07:50:30 CDT 2001

--------------4B4279449A2A5ADEB6B7A08F

Thank you.

I'll check out the FAQ.

Chuck

Thomas Roehr wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> Any Hayes compatible will do. You should find all of the answers you
> need in the FAQ section of www.sunhelp.org
>
> Regards,
>
> Thomas Roehr
> troehr at nj-onramp.com
>
> Chuck_Furman wrote:
>
> > I would like to install a PCMCIA modem into an UltrabookIIi
> > running Solaris 7.
> >
> > Do I need a special modem card for Unix, or will any Hayes
> > compatible PCMCIA modem work?
> >
> > Is there any documentation on how to set up a PPP
> > connection, once I get the computer to recognize the modem?
> >
> > I apologise if this question has been previously addressed,
> > but I am new to this list, and could not find this
> > information in the archives.
> >
> > Chuck Furman
> > Woking, UK

--------------4B4279449A2A5ADEB6B7A08F

begin:vcard
n:Furman;Chuck
tel;cell:44-7932-114214
tel;work:44-1483 256 583
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.ltx.com
org:LTX Corporation;Mixed Signal Applications
adr:;;17-19 Woking Business Park;Sheerwater , Woking;Surrey ;GU215JY;United Kingdom
version:2.1
email;internet:Chuck_Furman at ltx.com
title:Senior Applications Engineer
fn:Chuck Furman