[SPARCbook] What is the Max Ram for 3GX....???

Michael S. Schiller sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 5 08:44:38 CDT 2001

While on the topic of RAM, I have a 3GX, and just recently got a 'parts'
machine fairly cheap (it's missing several parts), but it did have memory in
it. How can I tell what size memory it is? My 3GX has only 32mb of memory, so
if these are 32mb simms then I'd be able to double my memory.  The simms from
this machine have chips on both sides , 8 per side that are marked
KM44C4100AK-6 as well as a single larger chip marked KM44C4103AJ-6.

Also, this is the first time I've pulled memory out of a Sparcbook, getting
them out was easy, but I tried putting them back in, and wasn't able to get
them back in! It seems my hands are either too big (fat) to get them in, or I'm
just not coordinated enough to get them in. Is there a trick to it? Thanks for
any help.

-Mike

--
-Mike
*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *