Read The FAQ (was Re: [SPARCbook] color depth)

Bob Krzaczek sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 29 14:40:30 CST 2001

Thus spake jon fabian:
; I have _some_ Tadpole packages installed ... don't know if I have
; them all (like I sid I inherited the configuration): TADcar, TADcpr,
; TADpcmcia, TADweitk, and TADxwplt.
;[ ... ]
; Must be missing sumpin. (off to snoop Tadpole's ftp site)

There's no need to snoop; there's a specific and documented set of
software you need, and specific places to find them.

First, read through the Sparcbook FAQ.  Then, load all the Tadpole
packages.  Then load the Tadpole patches.

You're on this list, so surely you've seen <http://www.sunhelp.org/>,
yes?  Look under "Sparcbook Resources"; there you will find the FAQ.
In it, under question 4, you'll find where to get the packages and the
names of the various utilities they add to your system.  Under
question 11, you'll find the Tadpole patches you need as well.

It can't be said enough: "Read the FAQ."

// boba

--
// Bob Krzaczek, RIT Center for Imaging Science, <boba at cis.rit.edu>