[SPARCbook] After patch cluster, fb no longer loads

Hugo van der Kooij sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 22 12:41:10 CST 2001

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Devin L. Ganger wrote:

> I recently got a Sparbook 3GX and bought Solaris 7 from Tadpole for it.
> This week, I'm using it for some software testing that I need to do,
> which requires it to be connected to the Internet, and also requires
> that it be at the same patchlevel as my other Solaris 7 box.
>
> So, I applied the 7_Recommended patch cluster (Dec 25th).

I suggest you do not use a patch cluster on any system that is not
absolutely standard. Just install the patches you really need. (Why
install patches for software you didn't install in the first place.)

Hugo.

hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
Alle email is gebonden aan de regels beschreven op mijn homepage.
All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
	for they are subtle and quick to anger.