[SPARCbook] After patch cluster, fb no longer loads

Devin L. Ganger sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 22 12:11:32 CST 2001

Hello, all.

I recently got a Sparbook 3GX and bought Solaris 7 from Tadpole for it.
This week, I'm using it for some software testing that I need to do,
which requires it to be connected to the Internet, and also requires
that it be at the same patchlevel as my other Solaris 7 box.

So, I applied the 7_Recommended patch cluster (Dec 25th).

Now, when I reboot the Sparcbook, I get the following error:

Mar 22 06:26:58 britney unix: /platform/Tadpole_S3GX/kernel/drv/ts102: undefined symbol 'pcmcia_activity_count'
Mar 22 06:26:58 britney unix: WARNING: mod_load: cannot load module 'ts102'

Now, I'm using a stripped down version of Solaris (no
X/Openwindows/CDE), but I also got this error a day ago when I tried
applying the cluster against a fairly complete install.

Is this a known issue?

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
chown -R us:us yourbase