[SPARCbook] Sparcbook/Solaris/Wireless LAN

Martin Wedel sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 8 22:34:31 CST 2001

Ok, just to further beat this dead horse...

I've seen several inquiries to the list about which cards the RDI/Tadpole
WaveLAN driver actually support, so I'm gonna ask one
last time. From what I've found, the WaveLAN cards came in either 900Mhz
or 2.4Ghz. From there, I am guided to believe the 2.4Ghz are 2Mb capable,
and 802.11 compliant.

Has anyone here directly or indirectly vouch for which cards DO work with
Solaris/Sparcbooks? I'm not gonna beat anyone up about how to get it
working, I just don't want to beat my head against the wall and play hit
and miss with different cards. Please, even a simple yes or no. :)

Lastly, I remember someone posting that a SF area shop sold the bronze
cards for around 50-ish. Can someone please repost the details?

Thanks!

--
Martin Wedel
sun at minor-element.net