[SPARCbook] Weird error messages in an install and drive overheating?

Michael M Delaney sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 2 21:33:36 CDT 2001

Hey,
In a almost sucsussfull attempt to install netbsd, I got some weird errors
from the installer on packages.  So I copied over the tarballs to the hard
drive, and was untaring them, and got the same error message.  It said
something (I forgot to write it down, and was followed by a long string
(the total message was about 3 lines long) of numbers, one I rembember
repeated 19 the whole time.  LAter after my sparcbook sat off for a while,
I was able to untar the same .tgz fine.  Is this because of overheating,
or could there be something wrong with my hard drive (or maybe it's just a
loose connection)?  also, does anyone know what I would need to do besides
untar-ing all the package set .tgz's in order to get netbsd running?
Thanks,
Mike