[SPARCbook] RE:NetBSD-1.5 and SB3

Julian Coleman sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Sun Feb 25 04:56:06 CST 2001

> NetBSD 1.5 (GENERIC) #1: Wed Nov 29 00:29:52 MET 2000
> p9000 at sbus0 slot 0 offset 0x100000 level 2 not configured

Hmm, Sparcbook 3, as in not 3GX/XP/etc.  It appears to have P9000-based
video hardware but the driver only looks for P9100-based video.  As the
driver doesn't do much with the video hardware, it could be that changing
the probe routine to match both P9000 and P9100 would `just work'.  But
it might not.  Do you have the ability to compile your own kernel?

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/