[SPARCbook] Some SB-1 info...

Nicolai Schwindt sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 5 01:15:27 CST 2001

[...]
> For what it's worth, I've heard reports of replacing them with a
> 1G-something
> drive and have it work, but I haven't been successful so far.  I've tried
> with a number of drives but the SB-1 hangs as soon as it tries to detect
> the HD.  I'm not sure what it doesn't like about the disks.  I can't get to
> the partition menu in the monitor.

I did try several drives, 1.2 to 6G they all worked fine, but as expecteted
I could only address parts of it, I had the trouble once as you described it,
at that time it had broken traces on the ide cable.
Give it a try, and check it. Mine broken on mounting a new drive.

I am more in trouble with the keyboard foil right now, I restore traces on on
part, and other bits start falling apart. I am using a "paint" based on
silver.
Has anyone a better idea ?

And again, the old question, does anyone now where I could get the media
or images of the SunOs thart came with it ?
--
Tschuuuuu_, Nicolai