[SPARCbook] Wireless access for SPARCbooks...

Keith Simonsen bangel at elite.net
Wed Oct 11 09:44:17 CDT 2000

Hi

The company I used to work for was in the process of setting up wireless
infrastructure. The "Ethernet/serial port adaptors for legacy devices" are
rather cool. The Ethernet adaptor is a small plastic box that the pcmcia
wavelan card fits into, and it has a rj45 jack on the other side. IIRC the
ethernet converter box was remotely manageable via SNMP, and cost aout 190
dollars.

The Serial Converter is the same as the ethernet converter, but it has a
db-9 plug on it too.

Check out: http://www.wavelan.com/products/productdetail.html?id=25

-Keith