[SPARCbook] Wireless access for SPARCbooks...

Ian Spray iws at tadpole.co.uk
Wed Oct 11 09:11:12 CDT 2000

On 11-Oct-00 Ken Hansen wrote:
> Does anyone have any pointers or experiences with these devices? I'd like
> to "go wireless," and the ability to use my SPARCbook wirelessly might be
> enough to push me over the edge and set this up...
>
>From similar sounding units I've seen, these are 8x6x2" devices with an
Ethernet port and a radio section, and they simply send and receive all
Ethernet traffic via the radio interface.  So you'd need to plug your SB
into the Ethernet side, which means it's not really a portable solution
unless the base stations have got really small, and battery powered.

I'd like to proved be wrong on this one, BTW :)

--
Ian Spray          :  Software Engineer     :  Tadpole-RDI
iws at tadpole.co.uk  :  +44 (0) 1223 428 224  :  http://www.tadpole.com/