[SPARCbook] SB3 and short reads

Ken Hansen sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 26 08:00:55 CST 2000

I prefer to shutdown with this "incantation," but others are just as good:

    shutdown -y -g0 -i0 Bye!

This equates to a shutdown that avoids the confirmation question, waits 0
seconds (grace = 0) and goes down to runlevel 0. A power off from runlevel 0
is safe AFAIK.

HTH, glad your other problems were resolved,

Ken