[SPARCbook] CD-ROM on a 3gx

Federico Lucifredi sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 15 22:32:58 CST 2000

Michael wrote:
> [prossible redundancy alert]

On the contrary - you are the first person/webpage/book in a month of trials
that tells me exactly what I wanted to know. I had figure part of it by now,
but still, it is nice to see that someone can give you the quick breakdown
on what to do=)

Thanks!

> attach the drive to your SCSI chain, give it ID 6, try probe-scsi on the
ok
> prompt, resolve any SCSI problems when your drive doesn't show up, fire up
> Solaris, login as root, do /usr/sbin/disks, check /dev/dsk/ for new
entries
> that look like c0d6*,

And here is the gotcha - thay are not there.....

Any Ubegeek secret tricks I can try to get my /dev/dsk entries ? Yes - the
CD is sun compatible (it even comes in a 411 case, it was sold by Sun).

 -Federico