[SPARCbook] SPARCbook - Solaris 2.5 CDRom

Federico Lucifredi sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 15 22:27:10 CST 2000

Ken wrote:

> do you have dev/sr0? My SS/20 has both a /dev/sr0 and a
> /dev/dsk/c0t6d0s[0-7].

I have a dev/sr0 device (I believe it is a leftover of a CDRom used by the
previous owner), but I have no corresponding device (it is linked to
dsk/c0t6d0s2). The probelm is I cannot create these darn device files.
/usr/sbin/disks does not create it as expected....

The drive is answering to a boot
/iommu/sbus/espdma at 4,8400000/esp4,8800000/sd at 6,1:d - it seeks (to bad I have
no bootable cdrom - nor any idea of what kernal name to pass.... but it
still works! and I would be satisfied if I got it to mount.... but I am at a
loss on how to create the device file now. touc /reconfigure and the
equivalent boot -r did not work, neither did /usr/sbin/disks..... =(

> What does probe-scsi tell you? If the Openboot PROM can not find the
drive,
> Solaris doesn't have a chance...

Prom is good - I think I would be able to boot if I had a bootable CD.

-Federico