[SPARCbook] CD-ROM on a 3gx

Michael Lorenz sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 14 18:09:52 CST 2000

Hi there ...

>     I just got a Sparcbook 3gx and I am going crazy trying to install a
> CD-ROM. as a Linux user I know how to handle this.... but I must admit I am
> rather primitive as a solaris user. Can anyone point me in the right
> direction ?

[prossible redundancy alert]
attach the drive to your SCSI chain, give it ID 6, try probe-scsi on the ok
prompt, resolve any SCSI problems when your drive doesn't show up, fire up
Solaris, login as root, do /usr/sbin/disks, check /dev/dsk/ for new entries
that look like c0d6*, reboot or restart vold and you're done, vold will
automatically mount CDs you insert, they should show up under /cdrom/diskname
or /cdrom/cdromx where x is some number. Use <eject cdrom>, <eject cdromx> or
<eject diskname> to unmount and eject CDs.

bye
Michael