[SPARCbook] CD-ROM on a 3gx

Federico Lucifredi sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 13 03:44:20 CST 2000

Hello everyone -
    I just got a Sparcbook 3gx and I am going crazy trying to install a
CD-ROM. as a Linux user I know how to handle this.... but I must admit I am
rather primitive as a solaris user. Can anyone point me in the right
direction ?

    The drive is a CD/PD drive Matsushita (LF-1094H PD) - while any help on
getting the PD part to work (which runs on another SCSI-ID), the part
related to the CDROM should be fairly standard for a Sun machine.... the
problem is that I do not know what the standard is! It already took me a
while to figure how to install a new HD, but I must admit that on CDs I am
finding no documentation whatsoever.... is it something everyone knows
except me ?!

    Federico
-- "'Problem' is a bleak word for challenge" - Richard Fish

Muad'Dib of Caladan (Federico L. Lucifredi)- flucifredi at acm.org,
http://www.lucifredi.com