[SPARCbook] G'Day

Extern - Hennig, Bernd (SUN) sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 10 01:46:05 CST 2000

G'Day

>I guess your work experience was vastly different than mine.  After being
>bought out twice, we basically had 3-5 layers of idiot management above
>us.  Everyone semicluefull got out while they could :)

I knew this very well, I worked here in Germany for
Commodore (tried to sell UNIX with Commodore Amigas and
PC's), than for Garmhausen&Partner (SCO and Informix in
Germany) - and than I worked for myself as a "one-man-show".
This was the time I bought the first Tadpole Sparc. I spent
a time in Australia (working for Sun) - now I'm back in
Germany working for Sun as a freelancer again (in the
moment in Luxembourg) - with my Tapdpole (one of 3 in use,
the old one in a corner but still  working and doing some
seti at home-work).

The bad thing as a freelancer is: (in a project like this):
you have the idiots from the project (customer), you have
the nice people from sun :-) (we have a joke since 2 years
her in Germany: A Sun manager enters a room and everybody
who is able to spell the word SPARC and not fast enough
to leave the room has 5 seconds later a working-contract
with Sun).

I work all the time with E10K's and smaller Sun "servers"
but I LOVE my Tadpole 3GX. I'm only sorry that I'm not able
to buy a new UltraSparc from Tadpole... (sigh).

I entered this mailing list because one of my Tadpole died
(the display), a nice guy sold me a Tadpole PC-Laptop with
a 800x600 display and now this Tadpole is up and running
again.

(By the way: We have a lot of jobs here in good old Germany
and a thing called "green card for IT-people" - if anyone
want's to work a time in Germany (up to 5 years) - I'll
help (not commercial, thats not in my mind, but I'll open
some doors and help with the green-card.))

Cu

--
Bernd W. Hennig           DG-Bank Luxembourg, Projekt 9003
Mobile: +49 173 451 6667    E-Mail: Bernd.Hennig at dglux.lu
http://www.hennig.de a n d http://www.hennig.de/consulting
http://www.soaring.de a n d http://www.motorflug.de

privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by E-Mail return and then delete this message from
your system. You should not copy or use it or disclose its contents to
any other person. If any part of this message is illegible or if you
suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended,
please contact the sender. DG BANK Luxembourg S.A. cannot
accept any responsibility for the accurancy or completeness of this
message without further investigation.