[SPARCbook] (no subject)

d neal wise sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 10 00:19:31 CST 2000

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Ken Hansen wrote:

> (PS there is a firm in Pittsburgh, PA selling PentiumPro SCSI cases with 6x
> plextor drives included for $89 + S/H... Don't know about international
> shipping though... Bill bought a few and reported that he was *very* pleased
> with his purchases! See http://www.computerfriend.com/ )

I'll look into this to replace one of our US spy.net machines. I'm an
american living in .au. Coming home in dec/jan for the first time in 3
years. whee!

The top one on :
http://www.computerfriend.com/Templates/frmTemplateT.asp?SubFolderID=22&SearchYN=N

is the one you're referring to I assume... I wouldn't ship a PC
internationally (although I brought my IPX, SS1+ and some other *nix gear
in my suitcases). I let the magic smoke out of a 4 device SCSI tower I
shipped over that supposedly switched voltage. Luckily it didn't trash the
stack of trashy tape drives in it (w/a 60 & 150, a 2g & 5g 8mm, etc
etc). So I'm wary of bringing anything electrical over here. I did buy my
SB from someone in the states and ship it here (expensive!!!:)

Amazing that I dragged that junk over here. I got rid of the bigger things
that i'd been accumulating (some altos & at&t boxes :). *sniff* I miss my
3b2.

To get this back on the sparcbook thread. I'll be installing the latest
OpenBSD 2.8 snapshot on my 3GS tomorrow. I'll post a tentative OBSD on
SB thingie next week.

Any other australian-based users on the list?

regards,

neal

ps - bill... you needed the truck to handle 23"x79" racks right? :) &
given that you're in austin you could always try IBM :)

d neal wise - nwise at spy.net
SPY internetworking  -  will network for food
http://www.spy.net