[SPARCbook] passwd cracking

The Archimage sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 8 14:25:24 CST 2000

>   I probably cannot afford the $350 any more than you could. But this kind
> of reasoning is getting ridiculous. Why should Tadpole adjust their
> pricing on something that has not been EOL'd just because you bought an
> expensive product at a cheap price from what fairly well amounts to a big
> garage sale?
>
>  -david

<rant>
No, I bought a cheap, old machine (a nice one, granted) and the vendor
has packages to let it run the latest OS.  Practically every other
hardware vendor in the world releases drivers, etc. for their products
when new versions of an OS comes out.  When a new version of Windows
comes out, Dell doesn't require that I buy *their* special version of
Windows to go on my OptiPlex.  They put the drivers on their support
site.  So does IBM.  So does Compaq.  Tadpole should, too.  They already
got the big money for this hardware.  Pretty much everyone else
considers patches and drivers to be a cost of doing business.
</rant>

Flames silently directed to /dev/null

Archimage