[SPARCbook] passwd cracking

Ken Hansen sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 8 06:20:41 CST 2000

So what exactly does a boot password protect on a sparcbook - is it like a
Openboot PROM pasword - I have no exp. using these on sparcs in general)?

Will he be able to read the device in another machine? (Critcal apps are on
the existing drive, and they do not have a copy of OS to re-install, IIRC)

IF after reading the drive in another machine, can they somehow reset the
password protection?

Or, are we simply talking about a root password/user password issue? I am
confused now...

Thanks,

Ken Hansen