[SPARCbook] NetBSD SPARCbook question

Tyson J. Lambert lambert at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sat Mar 25 11:08:30 CST 2000

> Here's a question for you NetBSD people out there...
>
> I'm looking in -current for the kernel source, (I need this to get the 3GX
> support, right?)... and I've narrowed it down to what I believe is the
> sys.tar.gz file... 17MEGs... is this the beast?

Forgive me if I'm a little bit off on some of this.  I get freebsd and
netbsd confused sometimes...

in /usr/share/examples/sup (I think it's sup) you'll find a file
"sup.netbsd.org".  To get all of the current source for the system
(including the kernel)  execute a command in that directory that looks
something like

sup -f sup.netbsd.org

(read the sup manpage and monkey with it a bit. Again, I don't have the
netbsd sparcbook sitting in front of me right now)

When (if) that finnishes, you should find a file TADPOLE3GX in
/usr/src/sys/<something>.  In the directory where you find that file,
execute

config TADPOLE3GX

and then it should spit out some messages about what to do next.

Could someone a little more current on netbsd-sparc correct the steps in
this message as neccesary and resend it?

Hope this helps

-Ty