[SPARCbook] 3GX overheating issues?

patl at phoenix.volant.org patl at phoenix.volant.org
Sat Mar 25 10:47:21 CST 2000

On 25-Mar-00 at 01:55, Lion Templin (ltemplin at leonine.com) wrote:
>   I've heard something of an ability of the SPARCbook 3GX to overheat in
> intensive situations. And not wanting to damage my existing hardware, I'd
> like to look into the methods available to minimize such risks.
>   Any other tips? Pointers?

I've got mine sitting on a couple strips of scrap aluminum to provide
an airway beneath the case.  I've also been thinking about getting
one of those little fan units that sticks in the PC-Card slot and
blows air into the case.

But, in general, I just avoid extended periods with no idle time.
(E.g., No distributed.net, or seti at home client.)

-Pat