[SPARCbook] SPARCbook 3GX RAM upgradeability

Hugo.van.der.Kooij at caiw.nl Hugo.van.der.Kooij at caiw.nl
Mon Mar 20 13:08:45 CST 2000

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, Eric Busto wrote:

> >    My question is... Are there only 2 SIMM slots available on the 3GX?
> >What are the largest SIMMs supported? Basically if someone could give me a
> >lowdown on the facts and the fiction (up to the "it works for me but not
> >for somebody else"), I'd greatly appreciate it.
>
> There are only two SIMM slots in the sparcbook.  From what I understand,
> most people have gotten two 64meg simms working for 128megs total, but
> beyond that things get messy.  Input from others with first hand experience
> would be appreciated.

If anyone can vouch for having a working 128MB machine I would like to
hear from them. The only person who has tried it failed with anything else
but expensive Tadpole stuff failed.

Hugo.

hvdkooij at caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Use of any of my email addresses for unsollicited (commercial)
    email is a clear intrusion of my privacy and illegal!