[SPARCbook] solaris 2.5.1 patch question

bangel at elite.net bangel at elite.net
Sun Mar 12 09:30:31 CST 2000

Hi

I still have 2.5.1 on my laptop (hopefully will be getting a 2.6 cd soon).
But for now i wanted to apply all of Suns Recomended patches for 2.5.1

I did not see this specifically addressed in FAQ... is it safe to apply
all of Sun's patches (including Y2K patches) to a 3GX?

I checked tadpoles website, but it doesn't seem to have any recent
information on what to install, and what not to install.

A friend of mine said he hosed his Solaris install by applying 2.5.1 Y2K
patches, so I am being wary....

Thanks,
Keith