[SPARCbook] please remove me from the list.

amir manouchehri amirmano at unm.edu
Fri Jan 28 06:17:31 CST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: <Hugo.van.der.Kooij at caiw.nl>
To: <sparcbook at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2000 11:34 PM
Subject: Re: [SPARCbook] CR Writer with a Tadpole 3000st SPARCbook.

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Colm Donelan (EEI) wrote:
>
> > I'm in a bit of a pickle and I'm hoping somebody has done this work for
me before.  Here's the problem:

> > I have a Tadpole 3000st running Solaris 2.6.  I want to connect an
external SCSI CD Writer to it.  I know that if I attach a standard SCSI
CD-Rom on ID 5 it will be detected and I can both boot from and read
standard CD-Rom's.  However, when I connect an external CD-Writer (Philips
CDD 3600) with SCSI ID 5 it is not detected even as a normal CD-Rom drive!