[SPARCbook] CR Writer with a Tadpole 3000st SPARCbook.

Hugo.van.der.Kooij at caiw.nl Hugo.van.der.Kooij at caiw.nl
Thu Jan 27 17:34:27 CST 2000

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Colm Donelan (EEI) wrote:

> I'm in a bit of a pickle and I'm hoping somebody has done this work for me before.  Here's the problem:
>
> I have a Tadpole 3000st running Solaris 2.6.  I want to connect an external SCSI CD Writer to it.  I know that if I attach a standard SCSI CD-Rom on ID 5 it will be detected and I can both boot from and read standard CD-Rom's.  However, when I connect an external CD-Writer (Philips CDD 3600) with SCSI ID 5 it is not detected even as a normal CD-Rom drive!

You need to add Generic SCSI to the machine. And solaris preferes another
block size therefor some drives are just useless.

Note the first CDROM drive is normally attached as SCSI ID 6.

Hugo.

hvdkooij at caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Use of any of my email addresses for unsollicited (commercial)
    email is a clear intrusion of my privacy and illegal!