[SPARCbook] Hosed /etc/passwd file

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Wed Jan 19 13:53:04 CST 2000

Ken Hansen wrote:

> Sorry, going through old email - wouldn't a file link solve
> this problem? Make a link to /bin/bash called /bin/bashXY?

Catch 22: /bin isn't world writeable. You'd need to be root, or a member of the
bin group to be able to do that. :)

(For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, this was an old
message about someone who locked out their root account by chaning their shell
to something like /bin/bashXY).

--
 + ^ +  Sunder              "Only someone completely distrustful of   /|\