[SPARCbook] FS: 3GX, accessories

James D. Meacham jmeacham at hume.jhuccp.org
Wed Jan 19 08:36:55 CST 2000

Hi All,

After using my sparcbook for just three months, it's become apparent that,
in my newly all-Linux shop, a (more expensive) intel-based Linux laptop
would be a better choice for the kind of work I do.  We just don't have
enough of the right kind of hardware/software for me to be as productive
with Sparcbook as I'd be on  a Linux machine.  So, as much as I hate to, I
need to sell  the Sparcbook to finance a more expensive Intel Laptop.  I
just want to recoup my investment, whichwas $620.  While I will entertain
offers, the first person to offer $620 gets it.  I'd also be willing to
think about a trade, if you have a comperable Intel laptop. Here's what
I've got, note the (AUI cable and transiever):

110 Mhz microsparc II processor (Same as the SPARCstation 5)
32 MB RAM, expanable to 256 MB
Removable 2.5" 1.3 GB SCSI-II HD
10.4 TFT LCD Screen (brilliant screen on this machine)
2MB Video RAM (does up to 24 bit color, and up to 1600X1200 virtual res,
800X600 physical res
Solaris 2.6 installed, with extensions.  Copy of OS included on CD.
PCMCIA System two type 1/2, or one type 3; hot spaw
AC Power Supply
NiMH battery
3.5 SCSI Floppy Drive
External trackball
Internal FaxModem
26-pin AUI ethernet Port
Hard/expensive to find AUI cable.
Hard/expensive to find AUI to 10BaseT transiever
SCSI-II 50-pin Port
ISDN Modem/Terminal Adapter (I've used this...it's very cool/fast)
RS232 (x2) 8 pin mini DIN-8
Built-in digital sound with 3 ports (headphone, line-out, line-in
(microphone))
External Video port (VGA connector)
Parallel Port
Keyboard and Mouse Ports (Sun type 3/4/5 will work)
External Battery charger.

This is a fantastic unit, and if only my workplace used Solaris instead of
Linux...  Please respond to
jmeacham at jhuccp.org
or
410-659-6367 (day)