[SPARCbook] getting Solaris 2.6 for developers

Bill Bradford sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 9 02:51:39 CST 2000

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 03:50:32PM -0800, Douglas Landau wrote:
> >Sun doesent care where you get your media from.  They just happen to sell the
> That's what I thought.  I could swear I read that on the Sun site
> on the Free Solaris 7 page(s).  But on the page
> http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/binaries/process.html
> it  definately says otherwise.  I read all those pages a year or two
> ago and definately thought I read something about how you didnt even
> have to pay the 75 if you don't need the cdrom, just register.  Maybe
> it changed.
> >No Right To Make Copies or Share Media
> >...and receive the software directly from Sun or its channel partners.
> > This means you cannot transfer a copy of the Solaris binary code or
> >your CD to anyone outside your company or organization.
> arg!
> dkl

They *have* changed it in the past year or so, then.  The original "Free
Solaris" program license was different, back before the "free Solaris for
everyone under 8 CPUs" came out.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford       |    "Do you expect me to talk?"
mrbill at mrbill.net   |    "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"