[SPARCbook] Sparcbook in the litterature ...

Peter Soderholm helsod at algonet.se
Tue Aug 15 17:26:51 CDT 2000

I found the following referense to a Sparcbook while I was re reading "The Cyberthief and the Samurai" by
Jeff Goodell, about the capture of the infamous hacker Kevin Mitnick.

"Tsutomu collect computers the way Immelda Marcos collected shoes - he has 30 or so of them all in various
states of disrepair at any given moment. Hes newest traveling companion is a 2,4 gigabyte, 86 MHz SPARC
portable. It's the .44 magnum of portables, ridicolously powerful, a Dirty Harry machine"

Its not very often one comes accross a mentioning of the Sparcbook anywhere outside this list, so I thought
it might be worth a note : - ) The book was printed in 1996, but the above quote feels like its from long ago.

(By the way I saw on CBS 60 minutes that Kevin Mitnick was released from jail this year, hes not allowed to touch a
computer for the next 2 years... )

Peter