[SPARCbook] SB2 Help

Robert Messner rmessner at raex.com
Mon Sep 20 16:58:40 CDT 1999

    I have just picked up a SPARCbook 2 in good shape from a local
computer store.  What I am basically wondering is what can you do with
this box?  Is there any other o/s besides sunos4 that will run on it?
Does linux now run on it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I
don't have the cd from tadpole.  It does have sunos 4.1.3 installed
already, and appears to be working properly.  I am going to run the
makenetbu utility tonight and backup the disks to my tape drive on my
sparcstation 10.  Then I can play around without worrying about losing
the software.  I have just about everything working... ethernet, etc...