[SPARCbook] Linux on GX

Adam Rogoyski rogoyski at cs.utexas.edu
Sun Sep 12 15:06:39 CDT 1999

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999, You Don't Know wrote:

> I have read through all of the archive messages available and can't quite
> determine where we are on running Linux on the GX. I am finding Solaris a
> bit less accessible than Linux. My goal would be to dual boot Solaris 2.6
> (or someday 7) and SPARC Linux 6.0. Are we there yet? If someone has a
> current status on Linux on the GX, I would appreciate it so that I can
> decide whether it is worth installing Linux or I should wait.

   There was someone on one of these lists who said he was working on
linux stuff.  I do know that OpenBSD and NetBSD have people working on
getting these machines working well.  I have OpenBSD 2.5 on one of my
machines at the moment, though you would need to follow -current to have
more drivers for the tadpole.

   Adam