[SPARCbook] Callunacard mystery.

Magnus Sjoegren dat98msj at student3.lu.se
Fri Sep 10 06:41:18 CDT 1999

  Article: <199909101031.MAA18533 at swi.priv.at>
  Date:    Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:31:59 +0200 (MEST)
  Author:  Markus Mayer <e9325155 at stud4.tuwien.ac.at>

> I'm sorry I can't help you with your problem. But I can tell you that you
> are not alone. I've experienced the same behaviour when I try to use my
> PCMCIA 'hard-disk'. Copying files on the device works fine (I copied about
> 60 MB on the PCMCIA-card).

It is still help and if we get more people with the same symptoms we can
pretty much rule out hardware fault.

more info...

I have the patch T030004-02 which handle pcata hangs installed with the
only difference being that I can continue working after removing the
card which i couldn't without the patch (patch came with the patch
bundle).

Seems like a software problem after all.

Magnus.

--
Magnus Sjgren <dat98msj at student3.lu.se>