[SPARCbook] Callunacard mystery.

Markus Mayer e9325155 at stud4.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Sep 10 05:31:59 CDT 1999

Hi,

I'm sorry I can't help you with your problem. But I can tell you that you
are not alone. I've experienced the same behaviour when I try to use my
PCMCIA 'hard-disk'. Copying files on the device works fine (I copied about
60 MB on the PCMCIA-card).

Copying the files back, causes the SPARCbook to hang (except for small files
as you noticed as well). One has to eject the PCMCIA-card. Only then the SB
will resume its operation normally. Afterwards, the PCMCIA-device must the
be un-mounted and fsck'ed to be 'usable' (if you want to call it that)
again.

I think I've got the 5/98 Edition of Solaris 2.6 (can't check right now).
Tadpole and 2.6 Recommended patches are also installed.

Regards,
Markus