[SPARCbook] Font problem.

Eric Busto ebusto at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 15 20:29:59 CST 1999

Good day,
   All of a sudden I decided to completely shut down my sparcbook and reboot
it fresh, and all was well until X tried to start.  The screen text changed
briefly from normal to orange, as it did before, but then crapped out with
the message "The X-server can not be started on display :0..."

   Hmm, I thought, then I logged in and tried to start X up manually with
/usr/X/bin/X, and it responded with the following:
   "Fatal server error:  could not open default fond 'fixed'"

   I found no reference to 'fixed' in any font directory to my knowledge,
but I'm probably just lacking something simple and silly.  Any help would be
much appreciated.

-Eric