[SPARCbook] Tadpole service experiences?

Rich Lafferty rich at alcor.concordia.ca
Sun Nov 7 20:48:04 CST 1999

Quoting Jonathan Eisch (jeisch at boku.net) from Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 08:31:09PM -0600:
> Gosh, I'd think you could get a new one for the price of sending one
> into Tadpole.  I had a watchdog reset for a while, when my sister turned
> the system on with the battery at 3%.  Can you boot from a cdrom, maybe
> you just need to clear out your suspend file.

Hrm. I don't *think* it's that -- this guy doesn't even get to the
openboot prompt. Just cycles through watchdog resets (in the little
status LCD display) until there's no power left. When you had your
problem, were you able to get to the boot prompt, or was it this
early? How would I go about telling it to look at a cdrom?

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Information and Instructional Technology Services