[SPARCbook] Solaris 2.6 media

Reagen Ward ward at zilla.nu
Thu Aug 26 19:29:28 CDT 1999

On Thu, Aug 26, 1999 at 10:48:23AM -0400, Sunder wrote:
> Well, if it's $450 :) buy Solaris 7 from Tadpole with the patches.  And be
> sure to bitch at them for not putting them on the FTP site.

The Solaris 2.6 media kit is $100, as of my last purchase (last week).  That
does not include a license, though; it's just the media kit.  If you need a full
license and don't want to buy one from Sun for some reason, check ebay or the
usenet.

Sun gave away 2.6 to developers (no shipping costs or anything), and a former
user of it might be willing to sell it.  I don't know if the license is a fully
transferable license, though.  I'll try to find my box of stuff and let you
know (came with T-Shirt, mouse pad, Java Studio/Workshop, full Sun Workshop lic,
and other fun stuff).

Reagen